1. A guest is a non-member who is staying with a co-op member.
2. Guests are expected to follow the same policies and rules of conduct as co-op members.
3. If a guest will stay for more than 2 weeks, the host member must inform the Board and management agent and also tell her/him the length of stay so that the she/he can determine if a new income verification is necessary. If the management agent determines that the guest has "moved in" based on Low Income Housing Tax Credit regulations, a new income certification is required for the household. In this case, the guest will also be required to go through the co-op's application process and orientation.
4. Members with Section 8 must check with their Housing Authority for rules regarding guests.
5. Members may not have guests for more than 14 days in a one month time frame without special approval by the Board.
6. Manipulation or disregard of this policy will cause the Membership Committee to send a warning notice to the host member. A second violation will be referred to the Board of Directors.
7. The host member of the co-op is responsible for her/his guest(s)' behavior, and will be held accountable for any lease violations committed by the guest.
8. Protocol for co-op members to use when a guest violates a policy or any other aspect of the proprietary lease:
Unless otherwise indicated, copyright ©
1999 ARCH. All rights reserved.